Intro to GIS using ArcGIS for Desktop
November 16 - 17, 2016
8:30 - 4:30 each day
MSU Building, Bldg 1021, Stennis Space Center
For reservations, registration and payment, contact:
PRCC Workforce Liaison
Course Length: 2 days (16 hours)
This course is intended for individuals who have no experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and offers a basic introduction to GIS using ESRI’s ArcGIS for Desktop software.
Who Should Attend
Individuals who are interested in learning about Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and ESRI’s ArcGIS for Desktop software.
Course participants will learn and explore the following:
- What GIS is and how is it used.
- Exploring GIS data in ArcGIS for Desktop (ArcMap/ArcCatalog)
- GIS data formats
- Map projections and coordinate systems.
- Symbolizing and Labeling Features in a map.
- Working with attribute tables
- Editing and creating data
- Using geoprocessing tools to process data
- Analyzing GIS data
- Designing a map layout.
Prerequisites: Basic computer skills