Word 2013 Intermediate
February 28, 2018
8:00 - 5:00
CHL Computer Lab, 1103 Balch Blvd.
Stennis Space Center
To register, contact Troy Teadt at 228-688-3113 or 985-788-3257 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least one week before the class date.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- create and modify custom templates, apply existing styles, and create a custom style.
- enhance a table by merging table cells, sorting and calculating table data, and creating charts based on various table data.
- learn how to insert, manipulate, and format graphic images, including clip art, AutoShapes, WordArt, and organization charts.
- create a newsletter using columns, sections, and graphics.
- use the Mail Merge Wizard to mail merge form letters, complete with mailing labels.
- include comments in a document and compare and merge documents.
Lesson 1: Creating and Modifying Templates
- Apply Styles
- Modify Styles
- Create User-Defined Styles
- Create a Template from an Existing Document
Lesson 2: Managing Tables and Table Data in Documents
- Convert Tabbed Text into a Table
- Merge Cells in a Table
- Open an Excel Table in Word
- Sort Table Data
- Perform Calculations in Tables
- Create and Modify a Chart Based on Word Table Data
- Link Excel Data in a Word Table
Lesson 3: Adding Graphics
- Insert a Clip Art Image
- Add an AutoShape
- Insert WordArt
- Insert an Organizational Chart
Lesson 4: Creating a Newsletter
- Create a Document Section
- Format Text into Newsletter Columns
- Control Column Text Flow
- Wrap Text Around a Graphic
- Create Envelopes and Labels
Lesson 5: Sending Form Letters
- Select the Main Document Type
- Select the Data Source
- Insert Merge Fields
- Merge and Preview Form Letters
- Create Mailing Labels
Lesson 6: Creating a Web Page
- Create a Web Page Using a Template
- Preview a Web Page in a Browser
- Create a Hyperlink in a Web Page
- Edit a Hyperlink in a Web Page
- Apply a Theme to a Web Page
Lesson 7: Managing Document Changes
- Use Comments in Word Documents
- Compare and Merge Documents