CARIS BASE Editor: Bathymetric Analysis Course
March 14 - 16, 2018
Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. / Thursday and Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
CHL Computer Lab
1103 Balch Blvd., Stennis Space Center
Cost: $600 per person
Seating is limited! Register by Friday, March 9, 2018.
To register, contact Kim Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 228-688-3170. CHL accepts checks, credit cards, purchase orders and SF182s.
This course explores the use of the CARIS BASE Editor in the processing and preparation of bathymetric datasets. The course uses presentations, discussions and demonstrations, and hands-on practical exercises.
Anyone wanting a more in-depth knowledge of CARIS BASE Editor and to learn more about importing, validating, compiling, analyzing and extracting bathymetric data.
- Survey Data Management Overview
- Concepts in bathymetry data storage and associated workflows
- Import of 3rd party data formats
- Gridded surface and 3D point cloud creation for the storage of large volume bathymetric datasets
- Data cleaning and validation using area-based cleaning tools and 3D
- fly-though techniques
- TIN model creation and manipulation with generation of gridded surfaces
- Surface analysis and computations (e.g. differences, extracts, vertical shift, slope and aspect mapping, etc.)
- 3D visualization for large data volumes with raster image and vector draping
- Creation of Product Surfaces (e.g. Combined surfaces)
- Creation of Bathymetry Products as properly attributed S-57 Depth Contours, Depth Areas and Sounding objects
- Prepare objects for use in chart production
- Export bathymetric data and bathymetry products to 3rd part formats
- Familiarity with operating computers and software
- Familiarity with basic hydrographic concepts and terminology
- Experience with bathymetric data