Introduction to ArcGIS Online
March 14 - 15, 2018
8:30 - 4:30 each day
MSU Building, 1021 Balch Blvd.
Stennis Space Center
To register, contact Troy Teadt at least one week prior to class date at 228-688-3113 (o), 985-788-3257 (c), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This two day introductory course begins with an exploration of the ESRI ArcGIS Online web interface. The functionality of both free and organizational (subscriber) accounts is explored. Participants will learn how to create a web map, work with and manage desktop content, create and configure an ArcGIS Online organizational account (free 30‐day trial subscription), explore member roles for an organizational account, publish feature services, create a webmapping application, use Explorer for ArcGIS to view web maps on a mobile device, and collect/update data using Collector for ArcGIS on a mobile device.
Working knowledge of ArcGIS for Desktop (ArcMap)
Table of Contents
- Exercise 1: Creating a Web Map Using Desktop and Web Content
- Exercise 2: Working with Desktop Content on ArcGIS Online
- Exercise 3: Creating and Configuring an ArcGIS Online Organizational Account
- Exercise 4: Exploring a New ArcGIS Online Organizational Account
- Exercise 5: Publishing a Feature Service
- Exercise 6: Creating a Parcel Web Map
- Exercise 7: Creating a Parcel Viewer Web Mapping Application
- Exercise 8: Working with Explorer for ArcGIS
- Exercise 9: Publishing a Feature Service for Use with Collector for ArcGIS
- Exercise 10: Working with Collector for ArcGIS