March 20 - 21, 2018
8:30 - 4:30 each day
MSU Building, 1021 Balch Blvd.
Stennis Space Center
To register, contact Troy Teadt at least one week prior to class date at 228-688-3113 (o), 985-788-3257 (c), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advanced QGIS focuses on building and managing multi-user database management systems, delivery of map services over the Internet and web-based mapping applications. This 2-day course utilizes the open source software PostGIS/PostgreSQL, GeoServer and GeoExplorer.
Who Should Attend
QGIS users interested in working in a GIS server environment.
Participants completing this course will be able to:
- Create an interface between QGIS and geospatial data servers
- Install and import data into PostGIS
- Assign PostGIS user privileges to databases and layers
- Assign PostGIS user privileges to columns and rows in attribute tables
- Deliver GIS data over the Intranet and Internet with GeoServer
- Create interactive web mapping applications with GeoExplorer
Introduction to QGIS