Excel 2013 Intermediate
May 16, 2018
8:00 - 5:00
CHL Computer Lab, 1103 Balch Blvd.
Stennis Space Center
To register, contact Troy Teadt at 228-688-3113 or 985-788-3257 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, at least one week before the class date.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use Excel templates and user-defined templates to create templates and workbooks.
- use a variety of techniques to sort and filter data.
- use various functions and auditing features to create advanced formulas and audit worksheets.
- use PivotTables, PivotCharts, and other analysis tools to analyze data.
Lesson 1: Working with Templates
- Create a Workbook from an Excel Template
- Create a Custom Template from an Excel Template
- Create a Graphic
- Create a Workbook from a User-defined Template
Lesson 2: Sorting and Filtering Data
- Sort Data Using Normal and Custom Sorts
- Add Subtotals to a Worksheet
- Filter Lists Using Auto Filter
- Create and Apply Custom Filters
- Create and Apply Advanced Filters
Lesson 3: Importing and Exporting Data
- Import Data from the Web
- Import Data from an External Source
- Export Data
- Save a Worksheet as a Web Page
- Publish a Worksheet to the Web
Lesson 4: Working with Advanced Formulas
- Share Data Among Worksheets
- Create a Name for a Range of Cells
- Use Functions to Create Advanced Formulas
- Trace Cell Precedents
- Trace Cell Dependents
- Locate Errors in Formulas
Lesson 5: Analyzing Data
- Create a PivotTable Report
- Create a PivotChart Report
- Create Scenarios
- Use Solver
- Use Goal Seek
Lesson 6: Collaborating
- Insert and Edit a Hyperlink
- Add and Edit Comments in a Worksheet