The Center of Higher Learning and Pearl River Community College are pleased to announce Microsoft software training at the NASA John C. Stennis Space Center. These classes are scheduled for the CHL Computer Training Lab in Bldg. 1103, Room 1005.
To reserve a seat, at least one week prior, please contact Troy Teadt at 228-688-3113 (office), 985-788-3257 (cell) or email@example.com (email).
Access: Intermediate (Level 2 of 3)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- share data with other applications and enforce referential integrity.
- modify the design of a table to streamline data entry and maintain data integrity.
- use a filter to show you records in a datasheet or a form that match whatever conditions you specify, and you will generate different query results by creating different types of joins between tables.
- create select queries that display special records and you will design other types of queries, including parameter and action queries.
- create forms and change their designs to enhance the appearance and usability of a form and to make your form more professional.
- create reports and change their designs to better organize and summarize information and to improve the appearance by enhancing data layout and working with report pagination.
- create and work with data access pages.
Lesson 1: Managing a Database and Data
Topic 1A: Import Data
Topic 1B: Maintain Record Integrity
Topic 1C: Exporting Data
Topic 1D: Documenting Table Relationships
Lesson 2: Controlling Data Entry
Topic 2A: Make Data Entry More Accurate
Topic 2B: Make Data Entry More Efficient
Topic 2C: Facilitate Data Entry
Lesson 3: Finding and Joining Data
Topic 3A: Find Data with Filters
Topic 3B: Get the Correct Data with Query Joins
Topic 3C: Building Bridges Between the Data
Topic 3D: Relating Data within a Table
Lesson 4: Creating Flexible Queries
Topic 4A: Summarizing Data with Queries
Topic 4B: Enter Criteria on the Fly
Topic 4C: Maintain Data with Queries
Lesson 5: Improving Your Forms
Topic 5A: Enhance the Appearance of a Form
Topic 5B: Enhance the Usability of a Form
Topic 5C: Make Your Forms More Professional
Topic 5D: Display Form Data from Multiple Tables
Lesson 6: Customizing Your Reports
Topic 6A: Organize Report Information
Topic 6B: Enhancing Data Layout
Topic 6C: Working with Report Pagination
Topic 6D: Summarizing Information
Topic 6E: Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
Topic 6F: Creating Mailing Labels